General Surgical Procedures in Jacksonville
The surgeons at the MASJax are highly trained in traditional general surgical procedures as well as laparoscopic surgeries. They are also experts in robotic surgery. In addition, our surgeons provide ongoing training to other general surgeons on various techniques and procedures throughout the year.
Our surgeons all have a special interest in laparoscopic and robotic surgery. Laparoscopic procedures use minimally invasive techniques to perform surgeries that once required much larger incisions. With the use of several advanced techniques including cameras, laparoscopic surgery can reduce post-operative pain and provides many benefits including a reduced recovery period for many patients. Many of these procedures can also be performed with the assistance of an advanced surgical robot.
We routinely perform general surgeries such as the ones listed below:
- Appendectomy / Appendix Removal for Appendicitis
- Athletic Pubalgia / Sports Hernia
- Hernia Repairs (Inguinal, Femoral, Umbilical, Incisions)
- Hiatal Hernia Repair for GERD
- Laparoscopic resection of the colon & small bowel
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (Removal of the Gallbladder)
- Laparoscopic Splenectomy
- Gastric Bypass
- Sleeve Gastrectomy / Gastric Sleeve
- Gastric Banding
- Duodenal Switch
Please contact our office for a consultation and more information on the general surgery procedures we perform.